I’m not sure how many of my readers are System Administrators or work in the IT field but I noticed a really frustrating issue with Chrome lately since they did a bunch of updates and no longer support SHA-1 SSL Certs.
Many of the systems I manage at work no longer work properly in the Chrome browser so I have to resort to using IE or Firefox to do my job. Issues like this is why I may eventually switch back to Firefox and move away from Chrome permanently.
Some of the system chrome no longer works properly with are:
- Dell DRAC (java security issue)
- McAfee EPO Server (acts flaky and doesn’t function properly in chrome)
- Exchange Admin Center (one of the windows needed to manage users never loads in chrome)
- SonicWall Analyzer (Error “Java Unsupported for this site”)
- Any website with a SHA-1 Certificates
- Also has issues with Self-Signed SSL Certificates
- LastPass Autofill on some websites
Some other issues I’ve also noticed in Chrome are:
- PDFS don’t automatically open in Chrome
- NPAPI Plugin issue
- DNS Timeout error messages
Looks like if Google continues on this path then I won’t be using Chrome at all anymore because it pretty much fails to function properly as a browser for anything I need to do in my day to day life.