I am a IT guy at my full-time job and I just wanted to pass on a warning to the public that I also passed on to my co-workers so we could prevent problems on our internal network.
Below is what I passed on to everybody in the company.
There has been a lot of Malware that has been being sent through e-mail lately that has .zip files attached that contain Viruses, Trojans, or Malware.
Please be extra cautious and don’t open anything that you get in an e-mail if you aren’t 100% sure of the source.
Below are some examples of e-mail subjects with attached files in the sub bullets.
- FW: Voice Message from Unknown (358-794-5473)
- Attached file was VoiceMessage.zip – Which contains a Trojan
- FW: Scan from a Xerox WorkCentre
- Attached file was Xerox_Scan_002_20112013.zip – Which contains a Trojan
- FW: PIC ID 950735027-PICH6EGO TYPE==MMS
- FW: IMG ID 932001847-PIC1NAZU TYPE—MMS
- Fwd: Scanned Image from a HP Digital Device
- Attached file was Scanned_Image_cert-id.com.zip – Which contains a Trojan