I finally got my Raspberry Pi 3 B in the mail yesterday after waiting several weeks to receive it. What is a Raspberry Pi 3 B you ask? Well read this article that I posted about it back on March 2, 2016 for more information. I have re-shared the specs below for this system and pictures of my pi 3.
Raspberry Pi 3 Specs:
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2837
- CPU: 64-bit 1.2GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV
- RAM: 1GB LPDDR2 (900 MHz)
- Networking: 10/100 Ethernet, 2.4GHz 802.11n wireless
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1 Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy
- Storage: microSD
- GPIO: 40-pin header, populated
- Video: HDMI – VideoCore IV 3D
- Audio: 3.5mm analogue audio-video jack,
- USB: 4× USB 2.0
- Other Ports: Camera Serial Interface (CSI), Display Serial Interface (DSI)
- Power: 2.5 Amps
- Operating system support – Linux and Unix or Windows 10 IoT
Below I have shared some photos of my Raspberry Pi 3 B that I had planned to possibly install Nagios on to monitor my home network but before I find a main use for it I plan to try a bunch of different tasks with it and experiment a bit.
That said I’m starting a new Raspberry Pi page here at G3K.XYZ to document my trials with my Raspberry Pi 3 B.