US Cellular is phasing out the rewards program and based on what they have on their page they act like their customers wanted this to happen. To be more clear you can still earn reward points until April 30, 2015 and u have to use them by Sept 1, 2015 or they will be lost.
Here is the exact words from US Cellular’s page:
You asked. We listened.
We’re making changes to improve your overall U.S. Cellular® experience.
As part of these changes, we are phasing out the Rewards program to be able to bring you even more of the products and services you want.
At U.S. Cellular, we’re constantly listening to customers like you on how to best enhance our customers’ experience. Over the past year, we carefully reviewed our different offerings through extensive customer feedback.
So when you recently told us what you wanted most from us, we did more than listen. We took action.
Based on our customers’ input, we are phasing out the U.S. Cellular Rewards program over the next several months. It’s important to note that there will be absolutely no change in the U.S. Cellular Rewards program until May 2015.
Well I for one am a US Cellular customer and this is one change that I DID NOT want to happen because I rely on this program to upgrade my phone early so I can keep up to date with newer phones. Honestly, US Cellular’s reward program was the only reason I stuck around for the last few years otherwise I would of switched long time ago. Reason why I am pissed is because I will not be able to use my points one last time to upgrade my phone because my phone isn’t up for renewal until April 19 2016 and the points are worthless to me for anything else that they offer to use them for.
On the US Cellular page they brag about the following:
- National Coverage
- Best Overall Value
- Customer Service Excellence
- Lastest and Greatest Device Portfolio
At least three things on that list make me laugh because:
- US Cellular does not have the Best Overall Value. In fact they are as expensive if not more expensive than Verizon wireless since they started copying their business model.
- US Cellular DOES NOT have the Latest and Greatest Device Portfolio because they only mostly carry Samsung and Iphone. Both phones are normally consider junk in my opinion because there are better phones out there.
- National Coverage also made me laugh because a lot of the time I don’t even have a signal even in my local area.
- I can’t say much about their customer service because I don’t bother to contact them because they are normally unhelpful anyways.
Source: US Cellular