Today marks the day when Microsoft has stopped the support for Windows XP.
This means Windows XP has been alive for 12 years but Microsoft felt it was time for them to end support for XP and Office 2003.
What this means for you is
- No more Automatic Windows Updates
- Microsoft Security Essentials will not have future downloads available.
- Your computer will still work but you will become vulnerable to security risks and viruses
- Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported
- Eventually you may encounter more apps and devices that do not work with XP.
- Office 2003 is no longer supported
Microsoft basically left xp users with two options.
- Upgrade your current OS
- Upgrade your computer to newer hardware if your current computer doesn’t support anything higher than xp.
Here is Microsoft’s post on this topic.
Below are some other links on the topic